The Cutlers' Company was established by a parliamentary Act of Incorporation in 1624 and for almost four hundred years has sought to maintain the standards and quality of Sheffield manufactured cutlery and steel products and to promote the name of Sheffield.
As manufacturing in the region has changed over the centuries, so the Company reflects this by highlighting the innovation in the region as well as upholding Sheffield's proud heritage.
Celebrations will take place in and around Sheffield all year. More...
Filmed in 1954 by the Master Cutler WB Ibberson, the silent, black and white film shows the processes of forging, grinding and hafting in the Sheffield cutlery trade. There is also a brief view of the inside of the Cutlers' Hall at the beginning and end of the film.